Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Laser Hair Removal....Spots? Help!!?

I am currently having laser hair removal sessions but am getting spots in the area. I knew this would probably be a side affect.





However, is there a way to get rid of them without causing harm to my treatment?


Would popping them be a bad idea?


I'm worried that if I apply toothpaste or Clearsill or something it may react badly with the laser. Is this a stupid thought?





Any suggestions on how to keep face spot free. What creams to use.Laser Hair Removal....Spots? Help!!?
Popping pimples is always a bad idea and treating them like you normally would isn't a good idea either. Most acne treatments make your skin easier to burn and I'm sure you'd rather have a few spots now than discoloration for the rest of your life.


Honestly, I've never heard of acne as a side effect of laser treatments, especially since the same process is used to treat acne. Nothing is impossible though. Are you sure they aren't ingrown hairs? I have heard of people getting some ingrown hairs during treatment.


Either way, the best thing you can do is adopt a regular cleansing regimen. Cleanse, tone, and moisturize. Since you are experiencing something on the area being treated, I'd suggest you exfoliate that area daily or every other day stating the day after a treatment and stopping 3 days before the next.Laser Hair Removal....Spots? Help!!?
I agree with Erin. Laser hair removal doesn't cause acne but you can get ingrown hairs not from the laser, but from shaving before your treatments. The medicines that help your breakouts wont interfere with the lasers as long as they're not on your skin at the time of treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment