Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How do you look after spot prone skin?

My skin isn't covered in spots but I am prone to them. I don't really get them on my forhead, mainly on my cheeks and chin...so I was wondering what skincare routine I should be following. I don't know my skin type because I don't an oily t-zone. I'm really confused. Any help is appreciated. Thanks xoHow do you look after spot prone skin?
Drink lots of water and eat well - I find when my diet slips and I'm eating junk and processed food my skin will break out. A good cleansing routine is also important, I prefer a foaming cleanser rather than a cream one as it leaves my face feeling cleaner. Exfoliate a couple of times a week and always use an oil free moisturiser. I treat any spots that appear with tea tree oil or witch hazel.





Hope that helps.How do you look after spot prone skin?
Water, water, and more water. Water is so vital for the skin it's unreal. If you set yourself a one week challenge of consuming 1.5-2L of water everyday, after the week you will notice bright, clear skin. Don't use heavy face creams, use ones that are specially formulated to be light and caring for your pores. Exfoliating and steams are great too.
Wel.. lets starts from the basics:





1.Cleanse * Tone * moisturize according to your skin type


2.Apply a face pack best suited for your skin atleast once or twice a week.


3.never ever miss out on the sunscreen wen u step out.


4.rub ice all over your face before you crash at night. Its helps in avoiding new erruptions.


5.Atleast once a week, Steam ur face, Use a gentle exfoliating facial scrub on your face and rinse off wid warm water. follow it by a good face pack and rinse off with cold water, spray cold rose water.let it dry naturally and apply a gentle oil-free mositurizer.


6.apply a mixture of lime and fat free curd to ur face daily for 10-15 mins.


7.Salt cant be used as a natural skin scrub. But please be gentle with any face scrub.


8.Drink atleast 8-12 glasses of water and lots of fruits and veggies.


9. They do mean it when they call it a-beauty sleep. ensure you get enough sleep.


10 . Stave off from oily- fast foods.. and make sure your hands are always washed clean from all that oil.


11. remember to change ur pillow cover once in 4-5 days.


12.too much of hair spra/gel/mousse can irritate the skin near the hairline and cause rashes. take measures to cleanse the skin well.


13. if your using face products having BP/Hydroquinone/AHA/glycols etc...ensure to follow it by a sunscreen 15-20 mins after applyin the oinment.


14.Never break zits or try squeezin them out. If at all a pimple has come to a head, gently steam that area and use a clean facial tissue to let out the pus . swab the spot clean using an astringent and rub ice on that area. after that,follow it with a gel based spot on treatment.


15. Use good skin repair creams having zinc-oxide/cu in it.





good luck :)
if you dont want to look back at your youth as a pimply period, you just have to get a doc's help! topical applications are not enough. go to a dermtalogists for some anti-biotics. if those dont work the doc might give u accutane or contracptive pills.


this works for me- every night i wash my face and liberally dust a prickly heat powder on my face. it kills bacteria and absorbs excess oil.





u could be milk intolerant. try avoiding it and c. sugar is another culprit.





but do go to a dermatologists. newer and better medicatons keep coming into the market that work on the most persistant acne!
I would use a general exfoiliater about 2 times a week for normal skin and daily face wash. but also use a moisturiser so you don't take all the crap out of your face

No comments:

Post a Comment