Saturday, December 26, 2009

I have dark spots on my face?

Melanin (released by melanocytes) is a key component of our bodies' defense against sun exposure. This is why darker people burn less easily after sun exposure and why lighter people are most often affected by skin cancer. However, a newly darkened area on your skin doesn't always turn out to be melanoma.





These dark patches on the skin are called solar lentigenes, hyperpigmentation, or less formally, sun spots. These discolorations are not cancerous and don't cause negative effects on your skin health.





If you neglect sunscreen or have neglected sunscreen in the past, chances are you have a few of these sun spots on your face, neck and hands. People with darker skin tones may experience these solar lentigenes as patches of ashy or gray skin.





Your mother may have referred to them as ';liver spots,'; but these darker areas have no connection with liver function. Instead, they are mostly the result of sun damage, much like a freckle that appears after a summer in the sun.





Occasionally, these darker patches appear on the face and neck as a result of hormonal changes (most often due to pregnancy) and also appear after cuts and blemishes heal on darker skin.





You've heard this before, but it bears repeating: Using sunscreen every day and avoiding any unnecessary sun exposure will not only prevent further damage but also allow your skin to repair itself to an extent. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen that blocks both UVA and UVB rays by looking for both physical (titanium dioxide or zinc oxide) and chemical (avobenzone) sunscreens. Without sunscreen, other methods of fading these spots will have little benefit since those treatments will not cancel out your continuing exposure to the sun.





There is a product you can use to even out your skin tone and make the discoloration less obvious. In fact, your face will obtain an overall healthy appearance. People who have used Revitol Skin Brightener Cream, an herbal based topical, report that their complexions are fairer than before. With further application, users report their skin coloring to be more even, giving the skin a healthier, brighter, younger look.





Follow the link provided to find out more about this all-natural skin improving product.I have dark spots on my face?
I've got a few new freckles on my face over the past few months and I realised it's from picking spots (ewww it's disgusting i know but everyone has done it a bit) anyway obviously i forced myself to stop now. Maybe it's the same with you.I have dark spots on my face?
it could be melasma - more commonly known as the mask of pregnancy.. don't panic - it's also caused by hormones and sun exposure.. lots of people who are on birth control get it - is it on your cheeks and above your lip? Some people use vinegar to tone it down.
Go see a dermatologist. I have the same thing and I am using Lustra to lighten these areas. I have used this before in the past, but didn't use it daily like I was suppossed to, then I just stopped. I have been back on it for 2 weeks now. I do see a difference.
could be the below or a dodgy mole? go to doctors to be sure!!
blackheads?
Maybe they're freckles!
  • bright makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment